Botox injections are noted primarily for the ability to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles. They’re also used to treat conditions such as neck spasms (cervical dystonia), excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), a tight jaw or even a lazy eye. Botox injections may also help prevent chronic migraines.
Who is a Candidate? Why Get Botox?
Botox injections block certain chemical signals from nerves, mostly signals that cause muscles to contract. The most common use of these injections is to temporarily relax the facial muscles that cause wrinkles in the forehead and around the eyes. Botox injections are also used to treat conditions that affect how the body functions. Examples include:
- Cervical dystonia. In this painful condition, your neck muscles contract involuntarily causing your head to twist or turn into an uncomfortable position.
- Lazy eye. The most common cause of lazy eye is an imbalance in the muscles responsible for positioning the eye.
- Reduce or illuminate fine lines and wrinkles. As we age, the elasticity in our skin does not bounce back like it once did. Often times we’re not even aware of the creases we’re creating. But with the use of Botox, we can relax those muscles to prevent overusing of them, restoring a smooth and youthful appearance!
- Hyperhidrosis. In this condition, excessive sweating occurs even when the temperature isn’t hot and you’re not exerting yourself
- Chronic migraine. If you experience migraines more than 15 days a month, Botox injections may help reduce headache frequency.
- Eye twitching. Botox injections may help relieve contracture or twitching of muscles around the eye.
- Botox can help relax the muscles in your jaw
- A gummy smile can easily and effectively be treated with Botox. … Two or more units of Botox are injected in the area between the nose and upper lip to reduce the appearance of any “gummy” smile, creating a more appealing and natural smile. Again, treating a gummy smile with Botox is a minimally invasive procedure.
Dr. Cory Brown is an expert in Botox procedures and will work with you to determine the best solution to achieve your desired results. After all, a dentist’s primary focus is to learn everything there is to know about the nerves & muscles in the face and neck to be the best at what they do! We highly recommend you ne selective on who does your procedures and to not put your trust in just anyone!
Schedule your complimentary consultation today!